Who are we?
Our journey started in 2013 with the mission of disrupting a heating industry reliant on unsustainable energy, which didn’t reflect the global need for an ecological solution.
Five category leading ecommerce stores and two innovative brands with products being manufactured across three continents later – Ignition has helped over 150,000 homeowners and businesses make the change from outmoded, inefficient heating to a more sustainable solution. Simply put, we design products that our customers want and the planet needs. We’re changing the narrative.
Set in the heart of the North Yorkshire countryside, our office buzzes with creativity and is full of curious minds, innovative thinkers, go getters and customer champions. We listen, we adapt. We take things apart and put them back together in a way that our customers tell us they should be – our products and our ecommerce stores, were all built in this way.
Our hardworking, innovative team are at the centre of our growth and success. We invest in them, recognise them, stretch them, reward them, and help them flourish within a development culture that values progress, learning and individual success. We are proud to provide the tools and environment to support professional growth and encourage each member of the team to push their own creativity and progression.
We invite you to come be the best you, with us, today.
As Product Manager, you will work predominantly at the inward-facing end of Product, immersing yourself in the brands’ product ranges and championing that knowledge across the group.
You will drive standards across departments, ensuring product information is kept up to date on our online and offline platforms; harness your writing skills to craft quality product documentation; collaborate with our designers on video and marketing resources; curate and deploy staff training plans; and enrich our internal e-learning portal with the latest product materials.
You will also support the wider Product team on product development projects, which could involve analysing the market, developing product briefs, assessing samples and crafting onboarding packs as required.
Both a critical thinker and an excellent communicator, your drive to understand how things work is matched only by your ability to convey that knowledge to others. You are endlessly curious, with a strong eye for detail and an appreciation of the influence small details can have on overall success. You are energised by a varied work schedule: comfortable working alone or in teams, online at your desk or hands-on with a product, methodically pursuing a product issue or thinking outside the box in a brainstorming session. A technical or engineering background is not required; what’s important is your ability to think logically, drawing on the resources available and driving continual improvement where these could be bettered.
So, if you are ready to immerse yourself in our world of Product this could be the opportunity for you.
What you’ll be doing
- Working alongside the Head of Product, you will take ownership of the product roadmap, facilitating the development, onboarding and timely launch of multiple own-brand product ranges each year.
- Project manage owned projects, including co-ordination of stakeholders, manufacturers and internal collaborators, timetabling of milestones and deadlines, ownership of RACI and RAID logs and project comms.
- Conduct research to refine product brief, including market and competitor analyses, identification of industry and compliance requirements, analysis of past product performance and customer feedback.
- Build product briefs, distilling requirements and collaborating with Design team to produce ingenious and polished product concepts. Product design will focus heavily on digital control systems, requiring meticulous specification of internal logic, interface navigation and app integration requirements.
- Assist the Buyer in the assessment of prospective manufacturing partners, identifying and resolving potential crux points before committing to development.
- Manage development of product from mock-ups to golden sample, conducting rigorous hands-on testing and exercising problem-solving and negotiation skills to resolve conflicts to the satisfaction of all stakeholders within roadmap timescales.
- Champion internal adoption of new products, conducting engaging onboarding sessions that secure business-wide buy-in.
- Become an Ignition product guru, proactively building and maintaining your knowledge of our products and their place in a constantly evolving industry.
- Devise, organise and deliver internal training programmes that empower teams business-wide to tailor their output with the latest product/industry knowledge.
- Provide technical product support as required, working closely with our customer-facing teams to facilitate a cycle of continual feedback and improvement.
- Champion product performance across lifecycle: undertake research, data analysis and supplier negotiation to identify and resolve issues with underperforming products; feed back into product roadmap when updates or alternatives are required.
- Support product team members in position of responsibility, acting as a role model and using experience to help shape best practice.
What you’ll bring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This will need to translate internally for the purposes of training and presenting as well as to our customers.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Project management
- Confidence working both independently and in teams.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in product management, preferably in similar electronic or consumer appliances industry
- Understanding of principles of UX in product design
- Project management experience and necessary organisational experience
- Experience in delivering training of specialist products
- Familiar with Microsoft packages
What you’ll get
- Optional hybrid working, once probation completed (Mon/ Fridays in the office, hybrid 2 days out of Tues / Weds / Thurs)
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 month fully paid sabbatical after each 5 year’s continuous service
- Great development opportunities
- Perkbox subscription – access to free weekly perks, discounts, Boxx fitness app and wellness hub
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after 2 years continuous service.
- Team bonding and social activities.
- Free Food Fridays (Fish and Chips and Pizza are regularly on the menu!)
- Annual volunteering day.
- An idyllic location away from the hustle and bustle, but just 5 mins from historic town centre.
This role offers hybrid working, allowing an optional 60/40 split pattern between the office and home. You will have the option to work 2 days at home per week between Tuesday-Thursday. Monday and Friday are our set office days, allowing for collaboration, training, networking…and enjoying our free lunch together at the end of the week, of course.
Our office is located in a remote part of Knaresborough, with minimum transport links (although the views are incredible!) so you will need access to your own transport.
What are you waiting for?
If you’re ready to ignite your career and join a team of experts, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch today!