Who are we?
Our journey started in 2013 with the mission of disrupting a heating industry reliant on unsustainable energy, which didn’t reflect the global need for an ecological solution.
Five category leading ecommerce stores and two innovative brands with products being manufactured across three continents later – Ignition has helped over 150,000 homeowners and businesses make the change from outmoded, inefficient heating to a more sustainable solution. Simply put, we design products that our customers want and the planet needs. We’re changing the narrative.
Set in the heart of the North Yorkshire countryside, our office buzzes with creativity and is full of curious minds, innovative thinkers, go getters and customer champions. We listen, we adapt. We take things apart and put them back together in a way that our customers tell us they should be – our products and our ecommerce stores, were all built in this way.
Our hardworking, innovative team are at the centre of our growth and success. We invest in them, recognise them, stretch them, reward them, and help them flourish within a development culture that values progress, learning and individual success. We are proud to provide the tools and environment to support professional growth and encourage each member of the team to push their own creativity and progression.
We invite you to come be the best you, with us, today.
We are seeking a proactive and results-driven Outbound Sales Executive to join our dynamic sales team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales, excellent communication skills, and the ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities.
In this role, you will use your sales and communication skills to upsell products as well as servicing the needs of our trade customers. As the ideal candidate, you can build rapport easily whilst also personalising your approach to our wide customer base.
An important component of this role is your ability to provide peace of mind by finding the right solution for every customer. This will be based on your own in-depth knowledge of our key products and services.
As a key player within the team, you will aid in strengthening Ecostrad’s position as a leading electric heating manufacturer. This will include working towards ambitious 24/ 25 targets and beyond with the trade sales team and collaborating with our marketing, product, customer service, and sales teams, with the aim to win together.
So, if you’re driven, focused and have a natural sales flair and want to be part of a dynamic, people focused business that does things a little differently, then this could be the opportunity for you.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify and qualify new leads through various channels (calls, emails, social media, etc.)
- Engage with trade accounts across various industries.
- Utilise Account-Based Marketing (ABM) strategies to target high-value prospects.
- Manage and maintain relationships with existing customers.
- Conduct product demos and presentations as needed.
- Update CRM system with accurate lead and customer information.
- Monitor and report on sales performance and progress toward KPIs.
- Attend training to stay up to date with the specifications of new products and service offerings.
- Utilise key product knowledge to showcase solutions for our prospective customers.
- Report weekly sales goals and objectives to Sales Manager and MD.
- Negotiate price with clients who are interested in making bulk orders.
- Collaborate closely with external sales team and trade marketing manager, sharing regular insights, providing feedback and aligning sales goals and targets with marketing objectives.
- Effective use of CRM / Marketing generated leads / Sales intelligence tools and networking & referrals to engage with new customers.
- Industry research to stay informed about relevant events and trends.
- Personalise interactions by addressing individual pain points, goals, and motivations, demonstrating a deep understanding of each target segment.
- Build strong relationships with customer service to ensure seamless handoffs, address client concerns, and facilitate post-sales support.
- Collaborate with product development to stay informed about product updates, provide customer feedback, and advocate for new features or improvements based on market demands.
- Embracing the values or our business and becoming a brand ambassador, consistently contributing to our culture and driving the growth of the business.
What you’ll bring
- A driven mindset with strong customer service and sales skills.
- Precision and personalization in approach.
- Demonstrable, strong communication and listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Great relationship building and the ability to develop trust quickly.
- High levels of flexibility and adaptability.
- Passion for variety and fast paced environments.
- High accountability and adaptability.
- A motivated and ambitious approach, with a desire to go above and beyond.
- A thirst for developing your knowledge and high commitment to learning.
- Positive mindset and improvement focused.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Networking aptitude.
- Results oriented.
- Negotiation skills.
- Resilience and tenacity, with the ability to handle rejection.
- Targeted sales and customer service experience.
- Experience identifying and converting new business leads.
- Previous experience working on a CRM.
- Must have used a computer-based system before and must be able to use outlook and all Microsoft platforms.
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary with opportunity to achieve discretionary bonus.
- Optional hybrid working, once probation completed (Mon/ Fridays in the office, hybrid 2 days out of Tues / Weds / Thurs)
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 month fully paid sabbatical after each 5 year’s continuous service
- Great development opportunities
- Perkbox subscription – access to free weekly perks, discounts, Boxx fitness app and wellness hub
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after 2 years continuous service.
- Team bonding and social activities.
- Free Food Fridays (Fish and Chips and Pizza are regularly on the menu!)
- Annual volunteering day.
- An idyllic location away from the hustle and bustle, but just 5 mins from historic town centre.
This role offers hybrid working, allowing an optional 60/40 split pattern between the office and home. You will have the option to work 2 days at home per week between Tuesday-Thursday. Monday and Friday are our set office days, allowing for collaboration, training, networking…and enjoying our free lunch together at the end of the week, of course.
Our office is located in a remote part of Knaresborough, with minimum transport links (although the views are incredible!) so you will need access to your own transport.
What are you waiting for?
If you’re ready to ignite your career and join a team of experts, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch today!